Welcome to Curahee!

This blog will be updated daily (I hope) with thoughts and information on past and upcoming computer games.

September 8, 2010

Script Break - About me

It's been a few days since my last blog, as I've been busy with University work, and then loyally gaming in my spare time. On that note, I've actually been playing a lot of Oblivion lately; Bethesda really ought to create a new Elder Scrolls, as I didn't enjoy Fallout 3 nearly as much as Oblivion, however I'll go back to that at a later date.

Today I'd like to divulge if I may on myself. A friend of mine said recently that I shouldn't give away too much in order to add to the persona of this mysterious blogging vigilante. So I'll keep this brief, or at least shallow in detail. As my blog page says, I am from England, and now live in Perth, WA, having moved in 2003. It was a move that made many people ask me the same question: Why? Why move to Perth? Why move from one of the most known cities on Earth (from New York, to Rio, and old London town...) to a place in the middle of nowhere that nobody has ever heard of, and is covered in snakes and spiders? Well... I suppose the official story, the story I gave to everybody, was that England was going to the dogs, and Perth was a beautiful city in a rising nation. Perhaps there were many reasons; I don't know. All I know is that I'm here now, although I do miss England sometimes.

What is there to miss? Frankly, not much, besides my friends and family. But there is this part of me, a small, rather insignificant part, that yearns to know what could have been. What if I hadn't moved? Would I be like who I am now? Would I recognise my Australian alternative self? Would I relate to him? The questions multiply towards infinity, but I must leave them unanswered. There is a void there... And there it must remain, for the rest of time.

I've taken a lot of heat since my emigration; Australians struggling to learn who I am, and Englishmen struggling to remember who I was. And of course, should you ask if it was worth it, who can say? I simply do not and will never know.

So there you have it; shallow depth. My life is a life of questions as I have shown, and strangely enough this is the first place I have ever managed to put this on paper. I set out to tell you about me, and I end up telling myself too. Oh and by the way; Perth actually is a beautiful city...

No comments: